HydraFacial Pre-Care Instructions:
- Avoid excess sun exposure, including tanning beds for 1 week before treatment, and use SPF 30 or greater daily to ensure coverage against UVB and UBA rays.
- Do not use any type of exfoliants 2 days before treatment.
- Refrain from any chemical peels or lasers for 2 weeks prior.
- Discontinue use of Tretinoin type products (Renova, Tretinoin, Retin A, Retin A Micro, Tri-Luma, Solage, etc.) at least 2 days before treatment.
- Discontinue use of Hydroquinone 2-3 days before treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, consider beginning prophylactic treatment with Valtrex or similar no later than the day of treatment.
- Notify the center if you develop a cold sore, acne, open lesions in the area being treated, or experience any type of illness before your treatment.
- Wait 2 weeks after Botox and filler treatments to have a HydraFacial treatment.
- Botox and filler may be done on the same day, but only after HydraFacial treatment.
HydraFacial Post-Care Instructions:
- Avoid any exfoliation to the area for 48 hours post-treatment.
- To keep the area clean, avoid heat sources, including hot showers, saunas, and cardio workouts that may produce sweat for 24 hours.
- You may wash your face the following morning using the products recommended by your It’s A Secret Service Professional.
- Please discuss continuing use of your regular regimen post-treatment.
- Do not use topical Retin-A for 2 days following treatment.
- Avoid unprotected sun exposure and/or use of tanning beds for at least 3 days post-treatment.
- Use sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher daily for 3-5 days post-treatment.
- Makeup may be applied the day after treatment.