Gone are the days when shaving, waxing, and trimming were the only options to eliminate unwanted hair in our bodies. Over the past few years, laser hair removal has skyrocketed in popularity, making grooming habits much easier, especially for busybodies.
Because of its numerous benefits and since millions are vouching for its efficiency and convenience, many seek the service and want to try it out. However, if it’s your first time getting this type of treatment, there are some important things you need to keep in mind.
In this article, we’ll break down what you should and shouldn’t do before, during, and after your laser hair removal sessions. Keep reading if you’re ready to be hair-free the right way!
Before Your Laser Hair Removal Treatment
The key to getting great results from your hair removal treatment is to ensure that your skin is healthy, undamaged and that you have roots so that the laser equipment can easily target your hair follicle from producing and growing again.
- Wear sunblock that is SPF 30 or higher if you’re planning to stay under the sun a week before your treatment;
- Shave the area that you plan to treat the night before heading to the treatment center. This will help ensure that your laser will efficiently target the root and hair follicle;
- Cancel your tanning and sunbathing activities to protect your skin from sun damage;
- Avoid using heavy creams, lotions, and perfumes before the treatment;
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, or plucking your hair in the treatment area. Doing so will remove the root, which means the laser won’t have anything to target.
During Your Treatment
Besides following the specialists’ instructions, there are other things you need to keep in mind to ensure you have a safe and effective treatment.
- Make sure you’re getting a laser hair removal treatment done by a credible facility, such as Lase New York;
- Wear protective eyewear to prevent eye damage during the treatment;
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions about your treatment;
- Don’t be worried about speaking up during your treatment. You need to make sure that you feel comfortable and you’re not experiencing any pain;
After Your Laser Hair Removal
Just because you’re done with the sessions doesn’t mean your treatment is finally over. There are things you need to do to ensure your skin doesn’t experience any problems during recovery.
- Your treatment facility will often provide an aftercare kit to ensure that you recover comfortably — make sure to use this to minimize redness and irritation. It can also speed up your healing and recovering time;
- Follow your specialist’s post-treatment instructions, so you get the hair-free results you desire;
- Don’t expose the affected area directly under the sun after treatment;
- Avoid hot baths, showers, and saunas for at least two days after treatment.
The Bottom Line: Laser Hair Removal Treatment Is a Great Personal Care Investment, You Just Need to Follow the Right Steps
Laser Hair Removal, on the surface, could seem like a simple procedure. However, you need to remember things that will ensure that you have smooth and easy sessions that will give you better hair-free days!
How Can We Help You?
If you’re looking for laser hair removal in Astoria, NY, book an appointment at Lase New York.
We offer gold standard and patented cooling technology that makes laser hair removal faster, painless, and more effective. Learn more about our service and start your hair-free life today!