TWO WEEKS BEFORE:
- Avoid waxing and abrasive treatments like chemical peels, microdermabrasion, etc.
- Avoid prescribed topicals such as tretinoin (ie. Retin-A), Differin or Tazorac (7-10 days if using a low percentage)
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure and tanning beds (6 weeks if using 532nm laser)
- Avoid laser treatments and injectables such as botox and fillers
- Some patients will need to pretreat the area 2 weeks before with a lightening agent. If this is recommended for you, stop using the product 48 hours before and after the treatment.
48 HOURS before, avoid shaving/dry brushing in areas to be treated and any products that may be drying or irritating such as AHA & BHA acids, retinol, and benzoyl peroxide.
DAY OF INSTRUCTIONS:
- Wear loose clothing to your appointment if treating intimate areas.
- For Laser: Treat as a sunburn. Skin may be itchy for a few minutes while pigmentation is breaking down. Apply Aloe Vera and/or an ice pack to soothe skin. Stay away from products with alcohol such as deodorant in the area to be treated for 12 hours.
- For Peels: Must keep products on skin for 6 hours, and then continue with Post Peel Kit. Stay away from products with alcohol such as deodorant in the area to be treated for 12-24 hours afterwards AND during the skin peeling phase.
HOME CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
- For Laser: Use of gentle cleanser and Aloe Vera daily is required for 1+ week. You may start using Lase Brightening Pads or Happy Intim Lightening Cream 48 hours after your treatment.
- For Peels: Use of Post Peel Kit is required for 1 week. Apply Silkses 1-3 times a day while skin is peeling. Once peeling has stopped in 3-7 days, you may use Lase Brightening Pads or Happy Intim Lightening Cream.
- For 48 hours and while skin is peeling, avoid shaving/dry brushing in areas to be treated and any products that may be drying or irritating such as AHA & BHA acids, retinol, and benzoyl peroxide.
- Avoid prescribed topicals such as tretinoin (ie. Retin-A), Differin or Tazorac for 14 days or 7-10 days if it’s a low percentage.
- Avoid laser treatments, injectables, chemical peels and other abrasive treatments for 2 weeks.
- Avoid tight clothing during process.
- Normal activity may be resumed after the treatment, however direct heat including exercise, heavy sweating, saunas, etc. must be avoided for 3 days.
- Please avoid sexual intercourse for 48 hours post treatment; this applies for patients treating vaginal or perianal areas.
- If treating the face, must use SPF30+ and avoid prolonged sun exposure during the process and 8 weeks after.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- For Laser: After your treatment, you may see dark, burnt spots. These spots will peel away within 1 -2 weeks after treatment.
- For Laser: Generally 3-4 treatments are needed, done every 6 weeks.
- For Peels: Peeling typically begins 2-3 days after the treatment and lasts 3-7 days, depending on the actual peel treatment. Peeling skin should be allowed to flake off naturally; picking or peeling of flaking skin is prohibited, as it may lead to scarring.
- May feel like a mild to moderate sunburn.
- It takes two weeks to see results.
- Since this is a customized treatment, specific post care instructions may vary from patient to patient depending on technique used during your session.