Before a teeth whitening treatment, the focus is on protecting your teeth and gums as much as possible, to reduce the chances of post-treatment sensitivity. The night before and the morning of your treatment, do not floss and make sure to brush your teeth very gently, taking care to avoid your gums as much as possible. Make sure to read the contraindications below and call us if you present any of them.
- no prior teeth cleaning in the last 12 months
- 17 years old or younger
- pregnancy and lactation
- allergy to hydrogen peroxide
- recent teeth cleaning in the past 7 days
- taking a number of medications (tretinoin, doxycycline, hydrochlortioside, ciprofloxacin, etc.);
- hypertension, cancer, endocrine system diseases.
- tooth fillings, tooth decay, crowns, restorations in the bleaching zone
- wide pulp chamber
- hypersensitivity of teeth
- increased erasability of tooth enamel
- acute periodontal and oral mucosa diseases
- diseases of the lower jaw joint, which restrict the opening of the mouth
- Do not eat or drink anything except water for 1 hour.
- Do not apply dark lipstick for 1 hour.
- Suspend consumption of alcohol and smoking for 24 hours.
- Avoid staining foods/drinks for 24-48 hours; see “Teeth Whitening Diet” below for sample foods.
- When drinking staining beverages use a straw.
- Be gentle when brushing teeth/gums.
RESULTS: Depending on your habits and the porosity of your teeth, your results may last up to 12 months.
RETREAT: You may retreat every 6-12 months for optimal results. If you drink staining beverages or smoke regularly it is recommended to retreat every 4-6 months.
HOME CARE: If you purchased a take-home kit be aware that the pores of your enamel will remain open for as long as you use it so you should refrain from staining agents during treatment. You can resume your normal habits 24 hours after you conclude it. If you have teeth sensitivity, wait until it subsides before beginning your home treatment.
DELUXE HOME WHITENING KIT: Apply the gel on your teeth (thin coat) and leave it for 30 minutes for as many days as possible (5-7 days). Whitens your teeth up to 10 shades. Includes enough teeth whitening gel for 10-14 treatments. Includes remineralizing gel to eliminate sensitivity.
WHITENING DENTAL FOAM: To further enhance results we recommend brushing with this formula. Cleans and whitens teeth better than ordinary teeth whitening toothpaste and promotes healthy gums. Expect results in 1-2 weeks.
TEETH WHITENING DIET (24-48 hours after the treatment)
You May Consume:
Foods: Chicken, Turkey, White Fish, Rice, Pasta, White Sauce, Cauliflower, Cottage Cheese, Potatoes (NO skin), Banana.
Drinks: Water, Tonic Water, Lemonade, Milk.
Alcohol: Vodka, Gin, White Wine.
Food: Carrots, Peas, Sweet Corn, Broccoli, Green Beans, Sprouts, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Red/ Green Lettuce, Beetroot, Butter, Chocolates.
Drinks: Tea, Coffee, Soda, Orange Juice.
Alcohol: Red wine, Beer.
People with existing sensitivity, recently cracked teeth, micro-cracks, open cavities, leaking fillings, or other dental conditions that cause sensitivity may find that these conditions increase or prolong teeth sensitivity after the treatment. If you experience sensitivity, you may use SENSODYNE TOOTHPASTE and the MINERALS ENAMEL BOOSTER PEN to ease discomfort. MINERALS ENAMEL BOOSTER PEN is a desensitizing gel that seals in whitening results while strengthening tooth enamel.