Just came home from your first ever laser hair removal session?
You might have experienced a few things that you thought you wouldn’t. Most people go prepared to know what to expect before and during laser hair removal but forget about what comes after.
In this article, we’ll tell you what to expect after laser hair removal.
Here’s What to Expect After Laser Hair Removal
So, without further ado, let’s just jump right in to see what you should expect after laser hair removal.
- Redness, bumps, and swelling: This comes as a surprise for most. Redness and bumps are common and may last for up to two hours.
- The area feels like a sunburn: Most people say that the treated area feels like a sunburn. You might need to apply aloe vera gel to the area.
- No deodorant/lotions/makeup for the next 24 hours: Don’t irritate your skin by using these products!
- Dead hairs will shed: The dead hairs start shedding 5-7 days post-treatment.
- No tanning beds: You cannot go into a tanning bed for at least two weeks after your appointment. You should also stay away from the sun and use a broad spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen.
And these are some things you need to keep in mind after laser hair removal. Do you have any questions? If so, leave them in the comments, and we’ll get back to you soon.